Tuesday, February 5

"...a couple hundred years ago, my last name was Mustonen..."

And so it ended. With Dave thanking for a great night.

I'm sorry for not letting you guys know earlier, but I just came back from the Megadeth concert here in Finland!

Their first stop on their European tour of "United Abominations".

Oh...so much could be said about this concert. First I'll start with complaints, because I wanna leave a sweet and delicious taste in my mouth after this is done.

The acoustic setting of the arena(Helsingin Jäähalli) sucked. Seriously, the first four songs I could barely hear Chris soloing, or Daves singing. It was awful. Then later it got better and better, but it was somewhat of a big turnoff.

This is not suprising, considering that Chris is so new to the band, and many of the solos dont come as naturally as they should, it was obvious in a couple songs. But nevertheless, he definetly nailed my favourite solo "Tornado Of Souls", that was mindblowing.

Third, and most annoying thing of all....the supporting bands. Oh my god.

Volbeat and Ensiferum. Thank god we were a little late, and didnt get to hear Ensiferum that much. But Volbeat... they sucked so bad, If it was any other band than Megadeth, I would have walked away. I seriously wanted to kill myself when they played their punk-metal sucky ass shitty earfucking songs. Sorry, but I still can't wash away their godawful music from my ears.

But then miracle happened...


After 20min that Volbeat left the stage, entered Dave. Sleepwalker began.

My entire body shivered as he walked in. With his golden hair, and his beautiful Dean flying-v.

That feeling stayed throughout the entire concert. It was a memorable night.

One thing though: Please play more songs. It ended rather fast.

And one more thing, not that many from the New album. They are all good, but not THAT good. So a couple more oldies and I'd be set for life.

Thank you Dave, Chris, Shawn and James.


Report Card

Final Grade: A-

+ Good Setlist
+ Tornado Of Souls and Peace Sells kicked ass.
+ Dave was on fire. Absolute God.
+ Less talk, more playing.

- Too short.
- Acoustic setting, sucked. (Blaming the arena)
- More Chris!



And here is the setlist as I comprehended it. This isnt 100%, cause my memory sucks ass, and the second, third and fourth song I couldnt hear that well so I have basically no idea what they were.

1. Sleepwalker
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. Washington Is Next!
6. Hangar 18
7. Gears Of War
8. In My Darkest Hour
9. Tornado Of Souls
10. A Tout Le Monde
11. Never Walk Alone..A Call To Arms
12. Symphony Of Destruction
13. Trust
14. Peace Sells
15. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due



Best song:

Peace Sells - Everyone singing along. I was in tears.
Holy Wars - No better way to end it all.

Worst song:

Never Walk Alone..A Call To Arms - Something didnt feel right...




Thank you and good night!

No comments: